Plus500 is one of the frontrunners in the brokerage sector, providing CFDs as its main asset class plus mainstream trading services capped by low trading fees and competitive spreads.
Know more about this brokerage site to discover the highlights of its trading services, including some plus factor and considerations that you need to weigh in to make a sound decision of whether making a Plus500 login or skipping this broker’s call for action for a more formidable broker out in the market.
Plus500 was a product of six-man collaboration in Israel way back in 2008. From its humble beginnings, Plus500 founders worked their way to a partnership with a financial firm to raise $75 million in 2013 that linked them to the London Stock Exchange. After just a year, Plus500’s market value had ballooned to more than $1 billion.
Plus500 trading is now growing even more and gives you more reasons to make the choice of shifting to its brokerage service. As it tries to conquer more markets across continents, Plus500 Canada is also something to look forward to in the times to come.
Plus500 Safety and Regulatory Credentials
Reading a Plus500 review, one of the most sought-after facts is about the legitimacy of the broker as the first thing that traders consider is the safekeeping of their funds.
So, is Plus500 safe?
Our research led us to discover the following certifications of Plus500 from the different regulatory authorities, including:
- Financial Conduct Authority (in the U.K.)
- Australian Securities and Investment Commission
- Cyprus Securities Exchange
Plus500’s sites are all supervised by these governing bodies from within their respective jurisdictions. This means that Plus500 is licensed to operate and is adhering to the standards set by the financial authorities mentioned. It is safe to say that “Plus500 scam” that you might have read from some unknown review sites is certainly not true.
To answer the question – Yes, Plus500 is totally safe (and reliable).
Plus500 Features and Fees
Available in over fifty countries with at least thirty languages to choose from, a Plus500 trader has access to the following trading instruments:
- Forex – Plus500 features more than sixty currency pairs
Advanced Trading tools: Stop Limit, Stop Loss, Guaranteed Stop
- Commodities – Plus500 offers Gold, Silver, and Oil as commodity CFDs
Special Features: Free Notifications, Guaranteed Stop
- Indices – features the most popular around the globe, including USA 500, France 40, etc.
Special Features: Real-Time Index Quotes, Notifications, Price Alerts – all FREE
- Shares – also come in CFDs offering some of the most popular such as Facebook, Apple, and Microsoft
Advanced Features: Risk-management tools
- Cryptocurrency – has an array of choices of digital coins, including Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Ripple XRP, etc.
Special Features: Stop orders and Price Alerts
- ETFs – featuring some of the most promising Exchange Traded Funds such as VXX Volatility, VNQ Vanguard Real Estate, etc.
Special Features: Technical Indicators, Real-time Streaming Quotes
- Options – has a deep basket of Traded Options including Deutsche Bank,
Germany 30, Natural Gas, and so on
Special Features: Advanced Risk-Management Tools
Plus500 seems to be lacking a variety of options when it comes to account offerings as it only has one account type to avail of. The Gold Account is the primary trading account offered by the broker. But recently, Plus500 launched an upgraded account type called the Pro Account. However, this account type can only be offered to traders who are able to meet certain qualifications set by Plus500.
Plus500 earns through its spreads. Additional fees are incurred depending on the trading activities of the user. Here is a summary of Plus500’s additional fees:
- Overnight Funding
- Currency Conversion Fee
- Guaranteed Stop Order
- Inactivity Fee
Deposit and Withdrawal Schemes
Plus500 withdrawal and deposit transactions are free of charge. However, there is a certain limit of withdrawal transactions every month, which, when breached, is subject to extra charges. The Plus500 minimum deposit is set at $100 for most of its instrument categories.
Trading Platforms and Tools
Plus500 features a trading platform that is ready to cater to traders with different device preferences for trading. The web, desktop, and mobile versions of the platform are available for devices, including iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows.
The Plus500 WebTrader is a good choice for beginning traders for ease and simplicity. The most common MetaTrader platform is out of the options, unfortunately. Plus500’s WebTrader features only the basic trading tools and a few advanced features for Risk-Management functions. Over a hundred charting tools are available on the platform plus some default watch lists.
Is Plus500 really a Plus?
In summary, here are the advantages of choosing Plus500:
- A free demo account that enables beginning traders to experience Plus500 trading and experiment trading strategies and innovations without financial risks.
- Easy-to-use trading platform fit for beginners to access the trading facility with ease and convenience
- Access to multiple languages and 24/7 email and live chat support
On the other flip, here are some areas of concern for Plus500 services:
- Trading platform lacking advanced trading tools and research facilities
- Inactivity fee and fine for withdrawal transactions exceeding the monthly limit
- CFD-oriented, and limited account features
Nevertheless, Plus500 is the leading CFD broker across the globe, ready to be at service for traders looking for a certified broker with a user-friendly platform.