Review Dual Momentum Investing: An Innovative Strategy for Higher Returns with Lower Risk
by GARY ANTONACCI
Gary Antonacci’s “Dual Momentum Investing: An Innovative Strategy for Higher Returns with Lower Risk” expounds on his own formulated investing model that he calls ‘momentum investing,’ which raises the probability of generating profits without putting too much on the line. With a well-thought-out and well-articulated explanation within its pages, Antonacci’s “Dual Momentum Investing” further makes the formula easier to implement and provides real-life scenarios in which he had used momentum investing.
“Dual Momentum” also distinguishes between value and momentum investing, providing the importance of the two as well as its advantages and disadvantages. With the support of a lifetime’s worth of research and observations, this highly-recommended book is considered to bring a game-changing guide to the table that is a sure-fire way to become successful on the trading platform.
About the Author
Gary Antonacci holds a Harvard MBA and has over 45 years of experience as an investment professional. He has primarily focused on researching, developing, and applying underexploited investment strategies that have their basis in academic research. His innovative research on ‘momentum investing’ was the first-place winner in 2012 and the second-place winner in 2011 of the Founders’ Awards for Advances in Active Investment Management given annually by the National Association of Active Investment Managers. He licenses advanced momentum models to other investment professionals and is a featured speaker at investment conferences.
Table of Contents
- Foreword by Wesley R. Gray, PhD
- CHAPTER 1: World’s First Index Fund
- CHAPTER 2 What Goes Up . . . Stays Up
- CHAPTER 3 Modern Portfolio Theory Principles and Practices
- CHAPTER 4 Rational and Not-So-Rational Explanations of Momentum
- CHAPTER 5 Asset Selection: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- CHAPTER 6 Smart Beta and Other Urban Legends
- CHAPTER 7 Measuring and Managing Risk
- CHAPTER 8 Global Equities Momentum
- CHAPTER 9 Mo’ Better Momentum
- CHAPTER 10 Final Thoughts
- APPENDIX A Global Equity Momentum Monthly Results
- APPENDIX B Absolute Momentum: A Simple Rule-Based Strategy and Universal Trend-Following Overlay
- Recommended Reading