The Business of Venture Capital rigorously covers the field of venture capital, tapping important details such steps in raising funds, investment framework creation, and pathway assessment. It guarantees the most favorable and helpful information as experts and practitioners compiled this for people who engage in the same field. Necessary lectures are discussed in simplicity so that complex theories can be easily applied in practice. Jargon was simplified, all while enabling readers to weigh logical insights through self-assessment.
Generally, it provides conceptual and operational frameworks of venture capital through:
- Presentation of venture fund process including identification and assessment of limited partner, the basis for fund due-diligence, and terminologies used in fund investment.
- A thorough discussion of investment method, including opportunity assessment, due diligence execution, and investment terminologies.
- Real-life accounts, insights, experiences, and teachings from the world’s renowned professionals in the field.
About the Author
Mahendra Ramsinghani authored The Business of Venture Capital. With his proven expertise, he endeavored in different venture funding campaigns, including pre-seed and seed institutions. Ramsinghani is also the person behind the company Secure Octane that provides cybersecurity solutions and consultancy services in the San Francisco bay area. One of the most laudable undertakings of Ramsinghani is the legislation that allowed $200 million worth of budget in venture capital funds in Michigan.
Table of Contents
PART 1 Raising the Venture Fund
- Chapter 1- The Basics
- Chapter 2- Getting In
- Chapter 3- Building Your Career as a Venture Capitalist
- Chapter 4- The Universe of Limited Partners
- Chapter 5- How Limited Partners Conduct Fund Due Diligence
- Chapter 6- Defining Your Fund’s Investment Strategy
- Chapter 7- How Institutional Investors Evaluate Fund Managers
- Chapter 8- Fund Size and Portfolio Construction
- Chapter 9- Performance Analysis
- Chapter 10- Emerging Managers: A Promise of the Future
- Chapter 11- The Venture Capital Firm, Operations, and Culture
- Chapter 12- The Fund-Raising Process
- Chapter 13- Terms of Investment: The Limited Partnership Agreement
- Chapter 14- The Role of Placement Agents in Fund-Raising
PART 2 Making Investments
- Chapter 15- Sourcing Investment Opportunities
- Chapter 16-The Art of Conducting Due Diligence
- Chapter 17- Management Team Diligence
- Chapter 18- Diligence beyond Management
- Chapter 19- Structuring Investment Transactions
- Chapter 20- Serving on the Board
- Chapter 21- Board Culture, Composition, Orientation
- Chapter 22- Board Value Creation and Evaluation
- Chapter 23- Challenges in the Boardroom
- Chapter 24- Exit Strategies
- Chapter 25- Acquisitions: The Primary Path to an Exit
- Chapter 26- Initial Public offering
- Chapter 27- Human Psychology
About the Author
About the Companion Website