Authored by Dr. Erik Hofmann, Urs Magnus Strewe, and Nicola Bosia, the book, “Supply Chain Finance and Blockchain Technology: The Case of Reverse Securitisation,” is a hard look into the Blockchain technology for SCF. This permits businesses to partner up and hasten processes for cash flows within the supply chain. The technology allows for new levels of collaborations for market participants.
Reverse factoring is given the focus on this material. It identifies principal barriers and other hurdles so that financial management solutions may be delivered. It is only afterward that the model is defined.
Reviews agree that the book is an interesting contribution to the literature regarding SCF. What made it so, as popular opinion says, is the way that the authors highlighted the role of liquidity in the chain.
The only complaint that the book had received is that it is too pricey, especially that students may want to get a copy for study.
About the Authors
Dr. Erik Hofmann is a seasoned researcher who has the University of Technology in Darmstadt, Germany, as his primary base of operations. He is also the director of the Chair of Logistics Management while acting as senior Lecturer at the University of St. Gallen, Switzerland. His area of expertise is supply and operations management and issues on finance. He had published numerous journals and had co-authored bestselling Springer books.
The second head within the triumvirate, Urs Magnus Strewe, is what you would call serial entrepreneur with expertise in materializing business models reliant on technology to serve banks and financial service providers. He is also the COO for CRX Markets, an independent marketplace for Asset-Based Financing solutions.
Nicola Bosia completes the trio, bringing his expertise in management, a degree he had gotten from the University of Lausanne (HEC) and accounting and finance, fields he had mastered in from the University of St. Gallen.
Table of Contents
- Introduction – Why to Pay Attention on Blockchain-Driven Supply Chain Finance?
- Background I – What is Buyer-Led Supply Chain Finance?
- Background II – What is Reverse Securitisation?
- Background III – What is Blockchain technology
- Concept – Where are the opportunities of Blockchain-Driven Supply Chain Finance?
- Discussion – How Does the Full Potential of Blockchain Technology in Supply Chain Finance Look Like?
- Conclusion – What Can We Learn from Blockchain-Driven Supply Chain Finance?